Saturday, December 10, 2005

Narnia

Went to the 8pm screening of Narnia today and I have to say that it is by far the best movie I've seen this year and quite possibly the best single fantasy movie I've seen. They've kept it very close to the book the bits that were added helped fill in the background.
I preferred the LOTR series over "Lion Witch and the Wardrobe" and the rest of the series but Movie wise I think the smaller tighter LWATW made for a much better movie than any of the LOTR's movies or the HP movies.

A very very good movie and one I think I'll seriously consider acquiring when it eventually arrives in stores.


On a completely different note two minor miracles occurred at uni today.
First the two lab keys I ordered yesterday arrived at the begining of the year getting one key took several weeks. Thus I now have access to the labs and no longer am restricted to only working when someone else is there to open the door for me :-)!
Secondly I went to stick my name on the waiting list for office space to find that my supervisor had stuck my name on the list sometime back meaning I'm about 3rd in the queue rather than about 15th.

3 comments:

Jared said...

"the bits that were added helped fill in the background"
Such as the attack of Maugrim and his wolves upon the bevear's home when they were still there. And the waterfall scene.

Unknown said...

Ah yes those two were not so usefull. I was primarily thinking of the introduction.

Scott Mackay said...

I really enjoyed it too, but didn't perhaps have the same majesticness(?) as LOTR. Someone commented that Aslan didn't convey the same 'presence' as they would have expected after reading the book recently.