Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Attempts at HDR Photography

It's rather useful that the Ilam Gardens are part way between my place and Uni. As it gives me an excuse to stop by there now and then to play with my camera. This time I'm experimenting with HDR (High Dynamic Range) photos, which are normally generated from combining 3 or more images at different exposures together. In these images I've tonemapped them to make the details sand out.
As usual more images at Flickr.





HDR_Willow
Originally uploaded by Falcdragon.


HDR_Flowering_Branch
Originally uploaded by Falcdragon.




HDR_Flowering_Tree
Originally uploaded by Falcdragon.

1 comment:

Matthew P said...

Nice... the top and bottom ones seem quite surreal.

I have a couple of sunset photos where I've taken different exposures to get both the sky and the foreground, but haven't yet gotten around to combining them. Which program did you use?