Following my tradition of copying Katherine's New Years post, here is 2010, though this time I've rather preempted her.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
- Uhm a few technical things at work
- Started playing social Touch Rugby
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for the next year?
- There weren't any. No, technically you could say I'm still following one from about 7 years back which was to make no more New Years resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- No. Never been to a funeral.
5. What countries did you visit?
- None unfortunately.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
- A lover or relationship deeper than a friendship, which unsurprisingly is the same as last year
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
- September the 4th, not that I was in chch but family still live there.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Getting a better job, (for the second year in a row)
9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
- To be more outgoing, failure to actively seek out new people or find a relationship
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- Another camera I guess, either that or my cellphone both are quiet awesome, or the multitude of books I've acquired
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
- No one really
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
- Certain local politicos who seem to think digging up nonrenewable resources from near pristine land is a way to improve the country
- The world leaders as usual with regards to politics and climate change
- Christian and all other overly religious and or fanatical peoples.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-Rent and savings
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- The Towers of Midnight
- Mass Effect 2
- The new camera
16. What song will always remind of you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
- A bit happier I mean once again my job got better!
b) fatter or thinner?
- No change from last year seem to have stabilised on 70kg, hopefully a few more sports may drop that a little more, even though technically it's a perfectly healthy weight
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
- Getting to know people/make new friends
- Getting out of the flat and visiting cousins, friends and family in the North Island
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
-With family in Chch
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
- I wish
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
- Star Driver and Big Bang Theory
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- Not really, still hate stupidity, especially the religious type
- oh and any one who smokes, I really really hate smokers!
24. What was the best book you read?
- Either 'Under Heaven', or 'The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms' oh and 'Changes' was awesome
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- Vienna Teng
26. What did you want and get?
- A better Job
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
- Haven't seen many, none of those I saw stand out
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
-Turned 26, absolutely nothing different from a normal day
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
- Same as always, casual
32. What kept you sane?
- Books and Friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- none, they're all idiots
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
- Talk of mining conservation land, first time I've written a rather annoyed email to a politico
35. Who did you miss?
- Not so many people this year, getting used to living away from everyone
36. Who was the best new person you met?
- A couple of new work colleagues, excellent people
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
- Hmm maybe jump at all chances, it's worth it even if you don't quite get there, though I guess I already knew that.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
- Uhm... I'll pass on this one