Following my tradition of copying Katherine's New Years post, here is 2009.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
- Explored Northland
- Moved into a flat with people I know!
- Changed Jobs within a company
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for the next year?
- There weren't any. No.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- No. Never been to a funeral.
5. What countries did you visit?
- None unfortunately.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
- A lover or relationship deeper than a friendship.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
- None 2009 mostly work, and can't remember the dates of the non work stuff.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Getting a better Job
9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
- To be more outgoing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-None, odd cold.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-My car I guess, I mean it's a car so hardly excitingly, but unfortunately far to useful.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
-No one really
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
-The world leaders as usual with regards to politics and climate change
- Christian and all other overly Religious and or fanatical peoples.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-Rent and Car
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- The Gathering Storm
- A new computer
- Bioware's return to there roots
16. What song will always remind of you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
- No change, maybe a little happier now my Job is better
b) fatter or thinner?
- 10% bigger, apparently I'm now nearly a health weight.
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
- Getting to know people.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
-With Family in Chch, and house sitting
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
- I wish
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
- Darker than Black 2, and Eden of the East
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- Not really, still hate stupidity, especially the religious type
- oh and any one who smokes, really really hate smokers!
24. What was the best book you read?
- The Gathering Storm, now I have hope that the Wheel of Time may end well.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
- A better Job
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
- Sherlock Holmes? Maybe having problems remembering what else I saw this year
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
-Turned 25, and Secretly had a lot of people over for Breakfast with out most of them realising the true reason!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
- Same as always
32. What kept you sane?
- Books and Friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- none, they're all idiots
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
-Lots of people, who no longer live in the same city
36. Who was the best new person you met?
- One of my flatmates from my previous flat, a good bloke
- A couple of people at work
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
-Some times exceeding expectations is rewarded
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
- Uhm... I'll pass on this one