Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Please don't Vote

Please don't vote
An open letter to the American populace.

Election day is coming up. That means that for months, you've been bombarded by all manner of forces encouraging you to vote.

I, on the other hand, would like to encourage you to do nothing of the sort. Quite the opposite in fact.

I'm not being sarcastic here. I'm not trying reverse psychology. What I'm saying is that I would like you to consider, seriously, the possibility of not voting in the coming election.
...


An interesting if somewhat long post, it's primarily with regards to the US election but applies equally well to our own. Any way have a read of it, as it's certainly interesting and once you've read it what do you think of it?

Do you agree or disagree and why?

2 comments:

Anaru said...

That is one awesome post.

I still intend to vote and consider myself mildly researched and have been meaning to ring someone and ask them what they would do if they could vote just to hear more opinions.

But how to stop uninformed people voting? No idea.

Unknown said...

Yeah it is a rather awesome post!